Get free access to Multiple Choice Questions on Life Processes in the Biology subject.
In this post, we have written Life processes MCQ of Biology Subject. These Biology MCQs on Life processes are useful for class 10th, 11th, 12th, and others.
Biology MCQs on Life Processes
1. A sudden change in a gene in the gene pool of a population is termed :
2. Identify the correct hierarchical order of taxonomic categories :
Species, Genus, Family, Class Order, Phylum
Genus, Species, Order, Family, Class Phylum
Species, Genus, Family, Order, Class, Phylum
Phylum, Order, Class, Family, Genus, Species
3. Identify the correctly written Scientific name of human beings :
4. In a population if relative frequency of a pain of genes remains constant over generations in the absence of mutation, selection and genetic drift, it is said to follow :
Principle of Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium
Theory of origin of species by National selection
Law of segregation of characters
Law of independent assortment
5. Industrial melanism in peppered moths can be cited as an example of
(i) Mutation (ii) Natural Selection (iii) Differential reproduction
(i) & (ii) only
(i), (ii) and (iii)
6. Out of the five kingdoms of classification the one to which only prokaryotes belong is :
7. The atmosphere on primitive earth contained apart from Ammonia & Water vapour, the gases.
Oxygen and Chlorine
Methane and Carbon-dioxide
Argon and Xenon
Carbon Monoxide and Nitrogen Oxide
8. The fossil bird Archaeopteryx is considered a connecting link between reptiles and birds because it has :
Pentadactyl Limbs like buds and reptiles
Bony tail like reptiles and beak with teeth like birds
Beak and feathers like birds and teeth and bony tail like reptiles
Wings like birds and one pain of legs like reptiles
9. Why virus is considered Non-living? Because viruses
(a) Are not made of one or many cells.
(b) Do not have replicative machinery.
(c) Can be crystallized.
A and B only
B and C only
A, B, C
10. Alexander Flaming discovered the antibiotic properties of fungi in the fungus :
11. Bacteria produce antibiotics, are used in setting milk to curd and also fix nitrogen in the soil. Out of (a). Lactobacillus (b). Rhizobium (c). Streptomyces (d). Acetobacters, Which ones fix atmospheric nitrogen?
A and C
B and D
12. Choose the incorrect option regarding Fungi :
Fungi exist as threadlike filaments called Hyphae which form a network called mycelium
Fungi are saprotrophs and feed on dead organic matter
They reproduce only asexually by flagellate or non flagellate spores.
Yeasts are single called fungi.
13. Following are the pairs of names of kingdoms and their examples. Identify the incorrect option.
Monera: Only Bacteria
Monera: Blue Green algae and Bacteria
Protoctista: Certain algae and Protozoa
Fungi: Moulds and Ferns
14. Identify the correct statement regarding the kingdoms Monera, Protictista and Fungi :
Monera includes only Prokaryotes.
Protictista are unicellular eukaryotes
Fungi are autotrophic multicellular eukaryotes
Unicellular organisms are found in Kingdoms Monera, Protictista and Fungi
15. Lichens are a symbiotic combination of :
Green and blue green algae
Fungi and green or blue green algae
Fungi and a Protozoan
Protozoan and An Alga
16. The cell wall of bacteria is made of :
17 The teacher wished to show the students movement with the help of pseudopodia and cilia. Which protozoans will she need to collect out of the following ?
a. Euglena b. Amoeba c. Paramecium d. Plasmodium
Euglena and Plasmodium
Amoeba and Paramecium
18. Which algae have cell walls made of Silica which after their death is left behind and used to line furnaces ?
Blue Green Algae
19. To which group of bacteria do Methanogenic, Thermoacidophilic and Halophilic bacteria belong ?
Some to Cyanobacteria and Same to Eubacteria
20. Liverworts and mosses are examples of :
21. Nitrogen-fixing bacteria are found in the roots of leguminous plants like peas and beans. to which family do they belong ?
22. Out of the following vertebrates that can fly, which one also gives birth to young ones and feeds them with milk from mammary glands ?
23. The Protochordates, included in Subphylum Urochordata and subphylum cephalochordate are considered so due to presence of three of the following statements choose the wrong one.
Preference of notochord at some stage of life
Presence of dorsal tubular nerve and at some stage of life
Presence of gill shuts at some stage of life
Presence of typical larvae as a stage of life
24. What does the statement, “All Bryophytes show alternation of generation in their life cycles” ?
There is a gamete producing phase alternating with a spore producing phase
One generation of adults produce sexually & the next asexually.
Conjugation is the sexual phase and sporulation asexual phase.
Male sex organs are antheridia and female sex organ archegonia which alternatively produce gametes.
25. Which is not a true statement about ferns ?
Main plant body represents a Sporophytic generation
Leaves are made of leaflets called pinnae
Sori or groups of sporangia occur under leaves.
Antheridia and archegonia grow on the same structure
26. Which is the incorrectly matched pair of an animal and the phylum to which it belongs ?
27. Which is the phylum in the kingdom Animalia which has no symmetry, cellular grade of organization and only two germ layers ?
28. Which out of the following uses tube feet for its commotion ?
29. Energy is required in one of the following modes of transport of substances in and out of cell :
30. How many cells with haploid number of chromosomes are formed at the end of Meiosis ?
31. Identify the incorrect statement while comparing prokaryotes with eukaryotes :
Prokaryotes have a nuclear zone; the nucleoid & Eukaryotes have distinct nucleus
Double membrane cell organelles in eukaryotes but none in prokaryotes.
DNA is the genetic material in both
Only one chromosome in Prokaryotes but one to many in Eukaryotes
32. In which phase of mitosis does the centromere split and the two chromatids become individual chromosomes.
33. In which phase of the cell cycle does each chromosome become made up of two chromatids held by a centromere ?
34. The contractile protein tubulin is found in :
a, b and c only
a, b, c and d
35. Which cell organelles possess their own DNA ?
Mitochondria and Chloroplasts
36. Which one of the following is not present in plant cells ?
37. You were to know the sites of light and dark reactions structure of which organelle would you study ?
40. Which statement is not true for Homologous Chromosomes ?
They are present in pairs
They form bivalents during zygotene
They are present as ‘tetrads’ at Pachytene
Crossing over takes place between both inner and outer chromatids of a homologous pair.