Get free access to Multiple Choice Questions on Geography. In this blog post, we have written geography MCQ with answers.
These MCQs on geography are very important for school exams, college and university exams, entrance exams, etc;
Geography MCQ with answers
1. The first complete Census was conducted only in:
2. The state of Maharashtra, Bihar, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh along with Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Gujarat, together account for about _______ of the total population of the country.
78 per cent
73 per cent
76 per cent
75 per cent
3. What is India’s population density?
283 persons per square km
382 persons per square km
284 persons per square km
384 persons per square km
4. The state with the largest share of population in India is:
5. Which of the following Union Territories have very low density of population?
Andaman and Nicobar islands
6. Growth of population is the change in the number of people living in a particular area.
7. The annual growth rate of India’s population as per 2011 census, is:
8. The period from 1901-1921 is referred to as a period of:
Steady phase of growth of India’s population
Declining phase of growth of India’s population
Stagnant or stationary phase of growth of India’s population
Explosive phase of growth of India’s population
9. The highest fall in the decadal percentage growth rates during 2001-2011 among the six most populous States was registered in:
10. Which of the following states has registered some increase in population growth rate during 2001-2011 over the previous decade?
11. Which state experienced the lowest decadal growth rate among the following states as per 2011 census?
12. At present the share of adolescents i.e., up to the age group of 10-19 years is about what percent of the total population (2011)?
29.9 per cent
30.9 per cent
20.9 per cent
25.9 per cent
13. The National Youth Policy (NYP–2014) has defined ‘youth’ as persons in the age group of:
14. Both the languages of the Nishada and Aryan families are spoken outside India.
15. In the context of modern India, there are about 24 scheduled languages and a number of non-scheduled languages.
16. The largest language family in India is:
Indo – European
17. In India about what percent of its total population lives in village (2011)?
18. India has 640,867 villages according to the Census 2011 out of which 597,608 are inhabited villages. What is the percentage?
90.2 per cent
92.2 per cent
93.2 per cent
94.2 per cent
19. Among the Union Territories, which has largest proportion of rural population as per 2011 census?
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Andaman and Nicobar
20. The Muslims form majority in which of the following areas?
Kashmir valley and Lakshadweep
Kashmir valley and Puduchchery
Uttar Pradesh and Lakshadweep
West Bengal and Puduchchery
Thanks for reading geography MCQ from our website.