In this blog post, we have provided important immunology MCQ with answers. These Multiple Choice Questions on Immunology are very helpful for competitive exams, School exams, college, and universities exams.
Immunology MCQ with answers
1. The enzyme transpeptidase is inhibited by which of the following groups of antibiotics?
2. The pitch of an alpha helix is:
(a) 5.4 Å
(b) 3.6 Å
(c) 1.8 Å
(d) 54 Å
3. Enzyme used to remove RNA from a RNA/DNA hybrid is
(a) RNase A
(b) RNase H
(c) S1 Nuclease
(d) RNase P
4. The term genomics was coined by which of the following researcher?
(d)Hans Karl Albert Winkler
5. The A chain and B chain of insulin are linked by:
(a) Electrostatic interactions
(b) Disulphide linkages
(c) Hydrophobic interactions
(d) Peptide linkage
6. The oxygen binding curve for hemoglobin is:
(c) Straight line passing through origin
(d) Straight line not passing through origin
7. If an enzyme inhibitor binds only to the enzyme-substrate complex, the type of inhibition is known as
(a) Competitive inhibition
(b) Uncompetitive inhibition
(c) Non competitive inhibition
(d) Mixed inhibition
8. If the secretion from one cell affects only the neighboring cells, the type of secretion is known as:
9. If red blood cells are kept in a hypotonic solution, the cells will
(b) Remain healthy
(c) Swell and burst
10. The common lymphoid progenitor cell gives rise to
b.Neutrophils, basophiles and NK cells
c.B cell, T cell and NK cells
d.Neutrophils, basophils and monocytes
11. Anatomic barriers are the initial defenses against infection. All are anatomic barrier except
12. Specialized group of leukocytes which have the ability to ingest and damage large intracellular parasites are
d.Both (b) and (c)
13. Inflammatory mediators are the proteins secreted by the sensor cells to amplify the immune response. Examples of Inflammatory mediators are
d.Both (a) and (b)
14. All are characteristics of inflammation EXCEPT
a.cytokine production by macrophages
b. migration of leukocytes out of the circulation
c.pain and swelling at the site of infection
d. secretion of antibodies
15. How many of the followings are CORRECT with respect to antigen recognition by antibodies and/or T cell receptor
I. Both can recognize any type of chemical structure.
II. Antibodies may recognize any type of chemical structure but T-cell receptors usually recognize protein antigens only.
III.T cell receptors interact with antigen presented by MHCs but not with free antigen.
IV. Antibodies directly recognize the epitopes of native antigen in the serum or in the extracellular spaces.
a.I, III and IV
b.II, III and IV
c.III and IV
d.I, II,III and IV
16. The origin and maturation of T lymphocytes take place in
c.Bone marrow and thymus respectively
d.Thymus and bone marrow respectively
17. Examples of primary lymphoid organs are
a.Bone marrow, thymus and bursa of fabricius
b.Bone marrow, spleen and lymph node
c.Thymus, spleen and lymph node
d.Bone marrow, thymus and MALT
18. Antibody first binds to antigens on the bacterial cell through the variable regions. Then the antibody’s Fc region binds to Fc receptors expressed by macrophages and other phagocytes, facilitating phagocytosis. This process is known as
d.Co-stimulation of T cells
19. Generally MHC class I molecules present antigen derived from proteins in the
20. Which are the first acting cells of the immune system?
21. How does a phagolysosome form?
a)Division of macrophage
b)Rupture of lysosome
c)Fusion of phagosome and lysosome
d)All of the above
22. Migration of neutrophils to the site of infection across the high endothelial venule is known as –
23. Complement activation can lead to lysis of the pathogen by formation of –
a)Membrane Lysis Complex
b)Membrane Rupture Complex
c)Membrane Attack Complex
d)Both a and b
24. T cell mediates
c)cell mediated immunity
d)all of these
25. Germinal center of the lymph node is the region of maturation and activation of –
a)T helper cells
b)Cytotoxic T cells
26. Integrins bind to which of the following adhesion molecules?
d)None of the above
27. Which is not a mediator of inflammation?
28. CD40L is present on the surface of
b)Helper T cells
c)Cytotoxic T cells
29. T cells expressing CD8 co-receptors differentiate into
c)Antigen presenting cells
d)Both (a) and (b)
Thanks for reading Immunology MCQ with answers on our website.