MCQ on human resource development: If you are looking Human Resource Development multiple choice questions and answers, then you are at the right place.
In this blog post, you can get the solved MCQ on Human Resource Development (HRD)
Set 2: Human resource planning and development MCQ
Set 1: MCQ on human resource development
1. In what way training and development offers a competitive advantage to an organization?
a. It reduces performance deficiencies
b. It ensures employee compliance
c. It increases the supervisor’s role
d. None of the above
2. Which one of the following is a unique characteristics of a learning organization?
a. The members learn about each other
b. It can help people creating, acquiring and use it for improvement
c. It focuses on selecting new employees who love learning and are highly skilled
d. Employees are rewarded for submitting creative suggestions and participating in their implementation
3. A set of systematic and planned activities designed by an organization to provide its members with the opportunities to learn necessary skills to meet current and future job demands is known as:
a. Human resource management
b. Change management
c. Human resource development
d. Career Planning
4. Which of the following is an advantage of on-the-job training?
a. provides immediate transfer of training
b. allows employees to learn at their pace without any pressure to produce results
c. provides for more excellent group interaction
d. reduces the costs of supervision
5. Which of the following is the core of all HRD efforts?
a. Better coordination among employees
b. Internal control of activities
c. Workplace Learning
d. Employee satisfaction
6. Which of the following is an important reason for organizing a training program?
a. it contributes to the upgrade knowledge an skill of employees for improved performance
b. it has been highly advertised for better brand management
c. competitors are using the training to created advantage
d. concern about regulatory pressure to train employees.
7. What is the basic objective of human resource development activities in an organization?
a. Improve employee knowledge
b. improved employee behavior and skills
c. Improve employee productivity
d. All of these
8. Which of the following is the first HRD intervention experienced by an employee when he joins an organization?
c. On-the-job training
9. Learning undertaken for the development of skills either on the job or off the job to enable effective performance in given role is called
10. Which of the following is not a part of HRD activities?
11. Which of the following HRD process helps to determine the gap between capabilities of the current employee and what they are required to do?
a. HRD Design
b. HRD Implementation
c. HRD Evaluation
d. HRD Needs Assessment
12. HRD programs of the organizations must respond
a. to job changes and integrate the long-term plans and strategies of the organization to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources.
b. help organization to achieve its goals and objectives
c. help organization to build its reputation and image of a good organization
d. All of the above
13. Which of the following is concerned with the development of knowledge, skill, and attitude to improve performance and behavior?
a. Human Resource Management
b. Human Resource Development
c. Sustainable Human Resource Management
d. Knowledge Management.
14. Which of the following is not of a characteristic of human resource development?
b. Developing the competence of people
c. Creative and continuous process
d. Routine and administrative
15. Which of the following is not a major function of HRD?
d. organizational development
16. What does internal Alignment (integrating HRD with the strategic needs of the organization) means in the context of strategic management and HRD?
a. alignment between the strategic plans of the organization and the external environment.
b. align the organization’s various subsystems such as management practices, structure, HR systems, and other work practices.
c. alignment of the HRD strategy with the mission, goals, beliefs, and values of the organization.
d. alignment of the strategy with the vision and internal environment of the organization.
17. Which of the following is not a key role of HRD professionals?
a. business partner
b. project manager
c. business analyst
d. learning strategist
18. What type of HRD professionals implement HRD interventions in the organization?
a. HRD Professional as an HR Systems Designer/Developer.
b. HRD Professional as a strategic advisor.
c. HRD Professional as an executive/manager.
d. HRD Professional as a Learning Program Specialist.
19. Which action is not performed by HRD Professional as an organization change agent and design consultant?
a. Improves quality management
b. Implements intervention strategies
c. Develop change reports
d. Helps to articulate goals and strategies
20. What of the following is the first step to be followed by HRD Professional as a Learning Program Specialist?
a. Develops and designs learning programs.
b. Develops program objectives, lesson plans, and strategies.
c. Identifies needs of learners.
d. Selects appropriate instructional methods and techniques.
21. Which of the following competencies are needed by all HRD professionals to build trust?
d. none of the above
22. Which of the following competency demonstrates the adaptability of HRD professionals?
d. none of the above.
23. Which of the following is not considered as a characteristics of the organizational structure of HRD department?
b. company size
24. Which of following is not included in the need assessment phase of the HRD process model?
a. Selecting and developing program content
b. Establishing HRD priorities
c. Defining specific training and objectives
d. Establishing evaluation criteria
25. Selecting and developing program content is a step of which phase of the model of HRD?
a. Needs identification/assessment
b. Design and development of HRD programs
c. Implementation of HRD programs
d. Evaluation of HRD programs
26. Which of the following is the final step In the evaluation phase of the HRD process model?
a. Select evaluation criteria
b. interpret result
c. to determine evaluation design
27. Which theory of HRD captures the core aspects of developing human resources and the socio-technical interplay of humans and systems?
a. Systems theory
b. physiological theory
c. psychological theory
d. economic theory
28. Which of the following statements explain Gestalt psychology?
a. HRD must clarify the goals of individual contributors, work process owners, and organization leaders.
b. HRD must develop the knowledge and expertise of individual contributors, work process owners, and organization leaders.
c. HRD must harmonize the goals and behaviors among individual contributors, work process owners, and organization leaders.
d. None of the above.
29. Human process information contributions to HRD belongs to which of the psychological theory?
a. Gestalt theory
b. Behaviorism theory
c. Chaos theory
d. Cognitive theory
30. The global context of HRD has fundamentally shifted due to changes in which of the following factors?
a. political, economic, and cultural
b. political, economic, and social
c. social, economic, cultural
d. political, economic, cultural, and social.
31. While considering HRD from the organizational environment point, which factor is a part of the environment?
a. mission and strategy
c. cultural forces
d. human resources
32. What is the objective of strategic human resource development?
a. enabling people to upgrade their knowledge and skills
b. getting promoted to the next level in the hierarchy after trailing
c. alignment of HR activities with HRM
d. enabling organizations to achieve its strategic objectives of performance and competitive advantage
33. Which of the following is a part of transformational strategic HRD activities?
a. individual development plan
b. performance management and training
c. need analysis and evaluation system
d. career management and development
34. Which is an external environmental factor influencing employee behavior?
a. technological changes
b. job redesigning
d. empowering employees
35. Attitude, abilities, skills, and knowledge are internal factors influencing employee behavior. Which of the following best explains the ability factor?
a. A person’s general feelings of favor or disfavor towards something Feelings towards a person, place, thing, event, or idea
b. general capacities related to the performance of specific tasks
c. combine abilities and capacities, generally the result of training
d. understanding of the factors or principles related to a specific subject
36. “Understanding of the factors or principles related to a specific subject” is the explanation of which of the following internal factors influencing employee behavior?
37. What is the first step of the HR Scorecard Approach in formulating HR policies, activities, and strategies?
a. define the business strategy
b. design HR scorecard measurement system
c. identify the required workforce behavior
d. outline the companies value chain activities
38. Considering HR scorecards to enhance employee productivity is one of the strategic objectives. Which of the following is the key performance indicator of this strategic objective?
a. profit per employee
b. employee stability
c. percentage of employee turnover
d. employee satisfaction index
39. Which of the following is related to quality while considering the HR value chain?
a. employee outcome
b. financial outcome
c. organizational outcome
d. market-based outcome
40. Which of the following best represents the employee outcome considering the HR value chain,
Set 2: Human resource planning and development MCQ
1 thought on “MCQ on Human Resource Development with answers PDF”