Environmental Science MCQs: In this blog post, we have written important MCQs on ecosystems with answers pdf.
These Ecosystem multiple-choice questions are useful for all classes and competitive exams.
MCQs on ecosystem with answers pdf
1. A pond can be divided on the basis of penetration of light into :
All the above
2. Cyclops and Cypris are being classified under the category of :
3. Decomposers are also known as saprophytes and detrivores. Whether this statement is :
4. Grass → Grasshopper → Frog → Snake → Hawk
In the above-mentioned food chain, which trophic level belongs to Grasshopper and Snake?
First and Fifth
Second and Fourth
First and Fourth
Second and Fifth
5. Out of the following which one is placed in the category of decomposers :
6. The amount of the living matter at any time is known as-
Pyramid of Energy
Pyramid of Number
Standing of Biomass
7. The flow of energy in an ecosystem is always –
8. The total number at which the radiant energy is stored by the process of photosynthesis in the green plants is known as:
9. Which one is not included in the Abiotic component?
10. Who coined the term Ecosystem?
A. G. Tenslwy
MCQs on Natural Ecosystem
1. ………. is the ship of the deserts as it can travel long distances without drinking water for several days.
2. An area has harsh winter, with a mean annual temperature below 0oC and, the soil is not rich in humus and acidic, which are the characteristics of …..
Tropical Rain Forest
3. Deltas are triangular areas bordering the river valley towards the mouth. They are associated with the land projecting into the sea in the form of the protuberance. Whether this definition is
4. Grassland of South America is known as:
5. Natural ecosystem is always dependent on …………….
6. Out of the following plant species is not found in the Himalayan Region?
7. River mouths, coastal ways, tidal marshes, and lagoons are examples of:
8. Study of freshwater is known as ……………
9. The region which shows maximum biodiversity, rich in new species and endemic forms is known as:
10. Which type of forest is found in North America and northern Eurasia is below the Arctic Tundra?
North Coniferous Forests
MCQs on Human Modified Ecosystem
1. A practice to keep fish in captive condition for a few years in floating cages in coastal lagoons and release them from captivity into water bodies is called as :
2. An ecosystem that may or may not be dependent on solar energy is known as :
Human Modified Ecosystem
3. Dams are used for :
Reducing river silting
Supply irrigation water for agriculture
All the above
4. Eco-industry or industrial ecology is to make the industrial manufacturing process more sustainable by redesigning the industrial processes along with the pattern of natural processes. Whether this statement is
5. Highly simplified, species diversity, highly unstable, and susceptible to plant diseases are the main features …………… ecosystem.
6. Human modified system is highly simplified, species diversity is very low, depends on human survival, and is highly unstable. Whether this statement is
7. MIC stands for :
Minimum Inhibitory Concentration
Message Integrity Code
Methyl Iso Cyanate
8. Main demerits of aquaculture is :
Loss of native aquatic biodiversity
Overharvesting of fisheries
Fishes are very sensitive to pesticides runoff
9. Tree planted on barren lands, village panchayat, roadsides, railway tracks, etc. is known as:
10. Which toxic matter is released after burning plastics :
Poly chlorinated biphenyls