Environmental Science MCQs: In this blog post (MCQs on Deforestation), we have provided important Quiz questions and answers on Deforestation.
Deforestation MCQs in Environmental Science are useful for classes 11th, 12th, and other competitive exams.
Quiz questions and answers on Deforestation
1. Clouded leopard is paced in ……………….. species in Red Data Book.
2. A systematic phenomenon resulting from excessive felling of trees which manifest itself in the loss of fertility, high wind velocity, low precipitation, increasing aridity, and extreme temperature in any affected areas is known as:
3. Fuel wood, urbanization, developmental project, agriculture, shifting cultivation, and industry are the major causes of:
Construction of Pasture
4. In which year tree plantation or Van-Mahotsav was started by the then Agriculture Minister Dr. Kanhaiya Lal Maniklal Munshi, Govt. of India
5. According to the National Forest Policy in India, how much percentage area should be available as forest cover?
6. The most renowned example of extinct species is :
The Great Indian Bustard
7. Tehri Power project is situated in :
8. Which one of the following is not a correct statement?
Hunting and poaching are one of the main causes of biodiversity loss.
Soil erosion is the result of deforestation.
About 40% of all the drugs used throughout the world have active ingredients extracted from plants and animals.
The slash and burn method of farming is different from shifting cultivation
9. A complex ecosystem consisting mainly of trees that support myriad forms of life is known as :
10. Which one of the following is not responsible for causing land degradation :
Fuel Wood Consumption
Urbanization and Industrialization
MCQs on Human Societies
1. Slums are a common feature of the cities in:
2. Sewage from domestic section and industrial effluents are usually discharged without any treatment causing:
Breeding of Mosquitoes and Flies
Pollution of Rivers and Lakes
Causes of Flood
3. Occupation of urban society are:
Working in Office and Industries
All the above
4. Growing more crops on a small piece of land is known as ………………
5. Market, dwelling units, brick houses, religious institutions are the features of _________.
Town and Cities
6. Hunters, gatherers, herders, and adventures set up camps for a limited period of time is known as:
7. Which is the largest slum in Asia?
Orange Town, Karachi
Neza Chalco- Itza, Mexico City
8. Select one permanent settlement from the following:
9. Write the term used for “clusters of huts or homes” in parts of cities that often lack adequate sunlight and fresh air.
a. HamletInvalid HTML tag: tag name o:p is not allowed
10. Primitive humans moved from the ‘hunter-gatherer stage’ to a shelter’s life once they discovered it.
Security of living in a group
Mobility with the discovery of the wheel
After the discovery of the fire