Environmental Pollution MCQs: If you are looking for Environmental Science multiple choice questions, then you are at the right place.
In this blog post, we have provided MCQs on Environmental Pollution with answers. The answers are bold.
MCQs on Environmental Pollution
1. Three Mile Island in the USA, a famous nuclear power plants disaster occurred in the year:
2. The biological damage resulting from ionizing radiation is termed as:
3. Plastic bags, industrial wastes as chemical residues, metallic and nuclear waste, agricultural wastes are the main source of :
4. Thermal pollution of water bodies is due to:
Discharge of agricultural runoff
Discharge of chemicals from industries
Discharge of waste from mining
Discharge of hot water from power plants
5. Discharge of hot water increase water temperature and decrease dissolved oxygen in water bodies which adversely affects aquatic life are the features of :
Ground Water Pollution
6. According to WHO (World Health Organization), how much intensity of noise is recommended during …………………. by day and ………………. by night.
105dB and 140dB
7. A woman frequently used wood and coal for cooking food and suffering from respiratory problems. This is because of pollutants of:
NO and N2O
CO and CO2
8. If there was no carbon dioxide in the earth’s atmosphere, the temperature of the earth would be :
Same as present
Dependent on the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere
Less than the present
Higher than present
9. Choose the correct statement:
Fly ash may cause heavy metal pollution in water bodies.
Minamata disease results from the accumulation of arsenic in the atmosphere.
Genetic damage caused by radiations takes place in cells not associated with reproduction.
Lead poisoning causes tuberculosis.
Black lung disease is also known as Itai-Itai disease.
10. In Indian cities like NOIDA and Ghaziabad, a major air pollutant is:
1. A person lost his/her appetite, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea accompanied by fever, dark-colored urine, and pale-yellow colored eyes and skin. Which disease does he suffer from?
2. If you are residing near a mining site where asbestos is quarrying and lots of dust is spreading all over the area. Due to this which possible disease can you suffer from?
3. Asthma is a :
Liver disorder obstructing secretion of bile
Allergic disorder in lungs
Stomach disorder due to intake of excess food
Throat disorder causing cough and cold
4. A person having an intestinal disorder leading to epigastric pain, abdominal discomfort, loss of appetite, headache, and loose bowels. This person is suffering from :
5. One unplanned /aggregation of hutment does not have clean drinking water. The people of this area will suffer diseases like:
6. Heavy metals enter into the water body through:
Burning of Organic Material
7. Unregulated growth of habitations, inadequate infrastructure facilities, lack of proper facilities for collective transportation, poor waste disposal are contributing to increase causing:
8. Water borne diseases are :
Rabies, Tuberculosis, and Measles
Tuberculosis, Bilharzia, and Diarrhea
Cholera, Dysentery, and Typhoid
AIDS, Leprosy, and Dengue
9. Which one of the following statements is not a correct statement?
Sound levels in the range of 25-60dBfor more than eight hours are harmful to the human ear.
Battery scraps contain lead
The atmosphere of asbestos mines is responsible for causing asbestosis
Polluted water is the cause of gastrointestinal disorders
10. Health of a person is the result of the interaction of:
Genetic and behavioral influence
Environmental and behavioral influence
Genetic, environmental, and behavioral influence
Genetic and environmental influence
Thanks for reading Environmental Pollution MCQs on our website.