Origin of Earth and Evolution of the Environment MCQs: Get free access to the multiple-choice questions of Geography and Environmental Sciences.
In this blog post, we have written important MCQs on the Origin of Earth and the Evolution of the Environment, Environment and Human Society. These MCQs are useful for classes 11th, 12th, UPSC exams, and other competitive exams.
MCQs on Origin of Earth and Evolution of the Environment
1. A planet is much smaller than the earth, cold and dark with its surface frozen methane. Name the planet.
2. Galaxies are made up of :
A small group of millions of stars
A huge group of millions of stars
Small groups of hundreds of asteroids
Huge groups of satellites
3. Name the theory which is widely accepted for the origin of the universe
Big Bang theory
4. One of the peculiar features which are found on the earth for supporting life?
5. The oldest fossils of bacteria which were the first living organisms on earth have been found in rocks. These are ………….. billion years old.
6. What is the approximate temperature of the center of the earth or core?
1200 o C
7. What is the chronological order of four eras?
Precambrian -> Cenozoic -> Mesozoic ->Paleozoic
Cenozoic -> Mesozoic ->Paleozoic -> Precambrian
Precambrian ->Paleozoic -> Mesozoic -> Cenozoic
Paleozoic -> Cenozoic -> Mesozoic -> Precambrian
8. What is the ideal pH for the survival of life on earth?
9. When was the universe originated?
Approximately 5 billion years ago
Approximately 5 to 10 billion years ago
Approximately 15 to 20 billion years ago
Approximately 5 million years ago
MCQs on Environment and Human Society
1. Establishment of agrarian societies, engaged people for selling surplus produce, people got busy with an occupation other than are the features of:
2. First wheeled vehicles were a Chariot which was a two-wheeled cart pulled by :
3. Foragers means:
Searchers for food
4. Making wheels, constructing buildings, mining ores to make tools and ornaments were the first step towards industrialization. Whether this statement :
5. Pebbles tools with a flake remained for making cutting edge belongs to:
Homo Sapiens Neandertalensis
6. The animals that were used for carrying goods from one place to another are known as:
7. We used to call primitive humans hunters and gatherers because they
Uproots plants for edible roots
Pluck fruits and vegetables
Pick up pebbles
Make tools and hunt animals
All the above
8. When was a human being evolve on this earth?
About 1 billion years ago
More than 2 million years ago
10000 years ago
1 million years ago
9. Which one species of primitive humans is known as better toolmakers?
Homo Sapiens Neandertalensis
10. Which part of the world had come out bronze age and entered into the Iron age?
Thanks for visiting our website for MCQs on Origin of Earth and Evolution of the Environment.