History MCQs: We are providing Vedic age MCQs in this post. All the multiple-choice questions are provided with answers.
These Vedic age MCQs are useful for UPSC, SSC, and for all the classes.
MCQs on Vedic age in History
1. The Rigveda is a collection of 1,028 hymns divided into 10 mandalas. They are the earliest compositions and hence
Depict the life of the early Vedic people in India.
Arranged in a poetic form to facilitate singing.
Are full of rituals to be performed publicly or individually.
Is a collection of magic spells and charms to ward off evil spirits and diseases.
2. Many references show that cattle breeding was the most important economic activity of the Rigvedic Aryans except one of the following-
They reared cattle, sheep, goats, and horses for purposes of milk, meat, and hides.
A wealthy person was known as gomat and the daughter was called duhitri which means one who milks the cow.
Many battles were fought over other animals except for cattle.
Prayers are offered for an increase in the number of cattle.
3. The use of iron tools now helped people do many things except one of the following-
Large tracts of forestland could be converted into cultivable pieces
The iron plough could turn the soil from deeper portions making it more fertile.
Clear the dense rain forests particularly the huge stumps left after burning, in a more effective manner.
The use of iron led to a decrease in the population during the later Vedic period due to the expansion of the economy based on agriculture.
4. The Rigvedic society was simple and largely an egalitarian society and had the following features except one-
There was no caste division.
The occupation was not based on birth.
Members of a family could adopt different occupations.
Varna or color did not form the basis of initial differentiation between the Vedic and non-Vedic people.
5. The most important change of the Vedic age was the rise and growth of social differentiation in the form of the varna system. The four varnas which made one of the following castes very powerful-
6. The Rigvedic people worshipped Indra as a God because of the following reasons except one-
were engaged in wars with each other
carried the thunderbolt
respected as a weather god who brought rains
was considered an intermediary between gods and men.
7. The Sabha and Samiti were the most important assemblies in which all aspects of life were discussed except one of the following-
distribution of the spoils of wars
judicial and religious activities
giving unlimited powers to the chiefs
8. Which one of the functionaries that find mentioned in the Rigveda was not a permanent fighting group but consisted of able-bodied tribesmen who were mobilized at the time of the wars
9. With the beginning of food production agricultural produce began to be offered to the Gods in which one of the following came to be used in the rituals-
10. The family remained the basic unit of the society in the Vedic Age in which restrictions were placed on which one aspect of social life.-
three or four generations living together
The rows of hearths show that these were meant for communal feeding
The institution of gotra which was developed in this period
People within the same gotra could get married
Thanks for visiting our website for History (Vedic age MCQs).